FAQ about BMC Online and Vapor Stops Running
- What is BMC?
BMC is the brand-new sidechain of Bytom, you can take it as updated Vapor. BMC will be compatible with EVM, support the Ethereum ecology and tools, and will greatly expand the subsequent ecology and capabilities of the Bytom chain.
2. When will BMC online? When will Vapor stop running?
The BMC sidechain will be online on March 8, 2022. Vapor will stop the lending function on March 3 and stop running on March 7.
3. What will happen after Vapor stops running?
After stops running, Vapor will not be able to generate blocks and process transactions, and all operations on the chain will stop (including superconductivity, magnetic force)
4. What about the assets currently on the Vapor sidechain?
There are two types of assets: auto-mapped assets and non-auto-mapped assets.
Auto-mapped assets from Vapor to BMC:
BTC, ETH, BTM
ERC20 assets: USTD, DAI, USDC, HT, GT, LINK, OKB, ZKS, mBTM, SHIB, HOKK, KISHU, Bytom (erc-20)
BAP20 assets: SUP, MAG
LTC, DOT, BTMC
For the above assets, before the Vapor sidechain stops running (March 7th), users can transfer assets to the corresponding main chain, LTC cross-chain to Litecoin, DOT cross-chain to Polkadot, BTMC cross-chain to Bytom Classic .
After the Vapor sidechain stops running (March 7th), users need to contact the official to provide the sidechain address of the asset ownership, proof of the transfer or exchange operation, and the target address to be transferred to the main chain. The official will verify after Help users migrate the corresponding assets to the target address provided by the user.
5. How to use the MOV and superconducting functions after the Vapor sidechain stops?
The superconducting business will be migrated to BMC, and other businesses will be temporarily suspended.
6. When can get the mapped assets after BMC goes online?
As mapped assets needs to be bound to BMC address, you need to upgrade to the latest version of Bycoin to generate a BMC address. The system will regularly detect the newly generated BMC address, and then map the corresponding Vapor assets to this address. Generally, this process may require a couple of hours.
7. As Byone users, how to map the assets?
Byone can’t directly map the assets. It is recommended to import Secret Recovery Phrase into Bycoin to obtain mapped assets.
8. How does Vapor full node wallet map the assets?
Vapor full node wallet does not participate in asset mapping, it is recommended to contact the official to obtain mapping assets.
9. What should I do if the lending deposited assets are not withdrawn when online?
After Vapor stops on March 7, 2022, a snapshot of the lending pool will be taken, the user’s address will be calculated according to the share, and the assets will be mapped to BMC.
10. What should I do if the lending staking assets are not returned when they go online?
On March 3, 2022, the lending business will be closed, and the staking assets will be liquidated.
11. What should I do if the assets deposited in the superconducting pool are not withdrawn when they go online?
After Vapor stops on March 7, 2022, a snapshot of the superconducting pool will be taken, calculated into the user’s address according to the share, and the assets will be mapped to BMC.
12. What should I do if the delayed-locked assets are not unlocked when they go online?
After Vapor stops on March 7, 2022, a snapshot of the delayed locked assets will be taken, calculated into the user’s address, and the assets will be mapped to BMC. After the mapping is completed, it will no longer be locked and will be available on BMC at any time.